« back to article listing
Transportation Alliance is hiring!
By: Brian O'Malley
This position has been filled.
Published: Monday, February 13, 2012
Position: Research Assistant
The Central Maryland Transportation Alliance seeks qualified applicants for the position of Research Assistant. This is a part-time position based on 15 to 20 hours per week.
Desired Start Date: April 2012
The Central Maryland Transportation Alliance is a non- profit, coalition of business, philanthropic, non-profit and institutional organizations. Our commitment is to create a forward-thinking, innovative, realistic, usable transport system. We advocate for better transportation throughout the Region and to provide access and opportunity for housing, jobs, education, services, goods and recreation to all residents.
The scope of work includes the following:
• Research to support the Transportation Alliance’s initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to our ‘Let’s Get to Work’ initiative to enhance service on MARC commuter rail, transit-oriented development, transportation funding, and benchmarking the region against national peers;
• Maintaining the Transportation Alliance’s communications systems such as web content, Twitter, Facebook, e-mail newsletters, or letters;
• Assisting with the development of advertising and marketing for the organization and its initiatives;
• Assisting with preparing presentations for audiences including elected officials, other non-profit advocacy organizations, economic development professionals, business leaders, etc.;
• Representing the organization at meetings;
• Other duties as assigned. In an office environment with a small staff, all personnel, including the Research Assistant are asked to be flexible about covering various duties as they come up.
• BA or BS degree with relevant coursework in public policy, environmental science, marketing, communications, geography, urban planning, or related fields;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly with word processing and organizing data in spreadsheet format;
• Experience with quantitative analysis of data is preferred;
• Familiarity with transportation and its connection with economic development, urban planning, and environmental issues is preferred;
• Proficiency with social media such as Twitter and Facebook and web outreach, experience with management of a web site is a plus.
Compensation will be at an hourly rate based on skills and experience.
How to apply: email resume and cover letter to Brian O’Malley, Director of Policy and Research, email@example.com.